Zourvas LighthouseArchitecture & Mansions / See & Do / Sights
The Zourvas lighthouse was built in 1883 and is located on the eastern tip of Hydra.
It’s tower is 10 feet high, and its focal height is 36 feet. During WWII the Germans destroyed it, and it was rebuilt in 1946. From 1946 until 1986 it was “lit” with oil, after which it was powered by electricity; since 1989 it has been operated automatically. The area is rocky and difficult to reach by land.