Agios Nikolaus MonasteryChurches & Monasteries / See & Do / Sights / Trekking Destinations
Located behind Mandraki and Hydra Town above Limnioniza on Mt. Obori, the monastery of Agios Nicolaus, established in 1675, features a Byzantine design with an octagonal bell tower and 17th-century Byzantine art. Greatly influential following the Greek Revolution of 1821, the monastery had fallen into disrepair by the 1940s and was eventually abandoned after the death of its last priest, Aresenios Vetimis. Greek Orthodox Church initiated renovations in in 1983, when it was converted into a woman’s convent; today it has been completely refurbished. It celebrates its feast day on December 6.
Tel.: (+30)22980 – 52551
Visiting hours: after telephone consultation